I’ve been a Flickr contact of this SL resident since January 2010. I’ve always liked her stream, so today when a new image appeared on my Contacts stream, I clicked on it. It looked odd, so I showed my friends the picture. Someone pointed out that the picture is very old, from 2008 actually and not new at all. If I knew this picture was 5 years old, I wouldn’t have even commented about it, cos SL 5 years ago is dated, etc, not comparable to SL now. Anyway, I left a comment on this girl’s picture, asking if something was wrong with her Flickr stream, cos some images are now showing up as new. She deleted my comment. I commented again, she blocked me and disabled comments.
I’ve used Flickr since 2007, and besides the obvious trolls and alt accounts, I have never encountered someone so rude. I guess I’m disappointed, cos I thought her stream was pretty fun to look at, at times. She already had 60+ comments on this particular picture from 2008, why did she have to change the date, to get more views/comments? Why do people do this?
Well DeeDee Deepdene, if you wanted some extra attention, here you go. This was the image.
Flickr Etiquette Rules:
1. Don’t change the date of your pics, so that they appear new and show up on top of the contacts stream over, and over, and over, and over.
2. Set the right Safety Level (Boobs = moderate, Sex = Restricted).
3. If you post a rant on Flickr, people will comment favorably/unfavorably. If you don’t want any comments, disable it from the start, not halfway through the conversation.
4. Never post those irritating Flickr award gifs, delete and block anyone that does.
5. Don’t tag people to get their attention when they are not in the picture. (from Darkley)
Comment below and let me know if you have some of your own!
Note: these rules are just my preference for Flickr, obviously they are not real rules that everyone must follow.