The weekend’s here, and I’m not feeling anything other than getting ready to hit the beach irl tomorrow. While I’m on the shore contemplating new ways to paint, here’s some questions I’ve got for you. My fab list is brought to you by RC Cluster’s Lifty Fizz Soda, plus my brand-new super-cute skin that’s out right now.
- Did you know you can make your own Bento mesh head? Buy this creator’s program from Yabusaka Loon, and play with the sliders until you’ve got a face you’re happy with. Further customization can be achieved by editing the mesh file in Blender, if you’re so inclined. Omega carries an easy installation kit for your finished head, too.
- You got Slink Dynamic Hands, great. What about nails, y’all? Get on the long tips train and pick up some nails from Gorgeous Dolls. They even carry a claws set!
- Did you know there’s a free Bento hands poser on Marketplace? Aren’t I seriously saving your life right now?
- Have you checked out the new exhibit of Second Life’s history? I initially thought it would be a pile of cheerleading horseradish, but it turned out to have both praise and criticism of the company’s past. I recommend checking it out if you can.
- Know that Bento horse I wrote about a bit ago? It’s being released tomorrow! The final price of the horse is L3889. There will be English and Western horses available to buy; if you purchase one variant, you can get the other horse for L1950.
That’s it from me! I’m off for outings, beachings, and tannings. See ya!
What I’m Wearing:
Lelutka Simone Bento Head
[ a.e.meth ] – Eris Skin
EDIT: These horses are limited availability for now, so only about 40 of them are released to beta testers. You must wear the Water Horse group tag to purchase the horse. Water Horse will sell horses freely again when they iron out the bento head deformity bug.
Bento has been pretty fun so far! I’ve purchased a few things, such as the Medhue Elephant and Red Remora’s Fennec Fox avs. Both are Bento-enabled and add a lot of fun to playing SL.
So, here’s a new creation to add to this list: Water Horse has released their Riding Horse for beta testing. It’s a wearable vehicle but uses Bento bones to animate the mesh. No more claymation texture cycling! Your avatar will look like it’s riding a real horse in-game.
Check out this preview:
Seriously. This exists in SL now. And currently, the horse is going for about 3500L. Less than a mesh head! That’s a steal.
A few caveats if you buy the horse: it’s still in beta so there are bugs. They’re currently fixing a bug that deforms Bento heads when you ride the horse. They’re also looking for users to report anything else that’s wrong so the devs can fix it.
But in return?
I still think it’s worth it.
Visit Water Horse in-world here.
Rewind is upon us, and you’re definitely going to find me among one of the people rushing in to buy cool stuff there! There’s a lot of stuff in this picture due to me trying to decorate my backgrounds more, but check out the teen band posters in the back! You can get these Spice Girls and hair band inspo posters at Rewind, which opens tomorrow. There’s some other cool stuff out by RC Cluster and other brands at new events too, which I’ll list in the credits below.
Now, check out this awesome bento pose HUD. It’s gonna give Catwa a run for its money, right? This facial expression HUD is by Happy Dispatch, and is only 480L at SaNaRae. You can control eye and mouth settings separately… you can even adjust the extremity of each pose! Everything from subtle smirks to goofy smiles can be created. It’s a must-have for every blogger.
Do you like when bloggers list everything they decorated with in their pictures, or just what they’re wearing? Let me know! I’ve challenged myself to create more intricate pictures this year and this means more stuff you might want to know the credits for, as a result. I’m fine either way with your preference!
What I’m Wearing:
Lelutka Simone Bento Head
Pink Fuel Doll v2 skin
Lamb – Cat Rider
Luas – Cute And Creepy Headband (free at Gacha Garden)
RC Cluster – Storytime Book (at C88)
Addams – Electra Denim Short
Kauna – Safety Glasses
Tres Blah – Fitted Tee (group gift)
Cabinet and heater by Custom Style Motors (zarege.resident)
Posters by RC Cluster (Rewind event)
Clock and text by Zerkalo
Lovecard Collector Bucket by RC Cluster (The Playroom event item)
Heart in a jar by Junk Food (gift from Gacha Garden)
Happy Holidays! We’re now headed into the slew of special days to finish up the year. I wish you an awesome journey through this season, no matter what you’re doing or celebrating.
For some of us, we’re going to find ourselves in a stressful situation somehow. Maybe you’re interacting with family you don’t want to deal with. Maybe you have no family to interact with or you are sorely missing someone. I’ll list a few pointers and articles to help you out if you’re that someone.
- Remember you are fully able to excuse yourself or turn down invitations to deal with family who is toxic. Don’t put yourself through that, and don’t let that person guilt you into dealing with them if you don’t want to. Lie if you need to stay away from them. It’s not a sin to put your mental health first.
- If someone veers into politics over dinner and you know it’s going to get ugly, assert that you don’t want to talk about it because you just want to enjoy holiday vibes. Tell that person they can call or email you another day if they really want to get your opinion on current happenings.
- Too many people? Step outside for a moment, breathe some fresh air, or take a short walk. Reassure concerned family that you’re just wanting to enjoy the weather as a part of the day.
- Know your alcohol limit! A party can be great but if alcohol tends to get the family into unhappy debates, sit it out or dip early. Practice the art of having “just enough” where you don’t veer into stomachaches or become disagreeable.
- If you’re alone for the holiday and feeling the blues, treat yourself if you can. Do not blame yourself for being alone. It happens to everyone! If you feel super down and want to cheer yourself up, find something to donate and visit a soup kitchen on Thanksgiving. Also, avoid listening to sad songs and don’t drink too much if you know it’ll encourage depression. Put on your favorite movie or find one on Youtube to make you laugh. Or just laugh at the misery of everyone else who is stuck in the cold right now. That’s not you!
- Actually no matter who you are, you should treat yourself during holidays anyway. You deserve it.
- Create your own holiday celebrations with friends in the grid if you need to. Family’s one thing, but friends? The ones who mean a lot to you? That time spent with them can do you a world of emotional good, even if you’re sitting around a pixel table.
Got any more tips? Leave them in the comments!
What I’m Wearing:
Logo Alex Head
Chemistry – Mila Hair
RC Cluster – Fantasy Floater AO
RC Cluster – Spell Book of the Good
Neve – Pull Over Sweater (Neutral)
Neve – Artist Frayed Jeans
ROC – Martens Boot
Can you tell what kind of mesh head I’m wearing? It’s kind of borderline, isn’t it? If you see me walking around a sim, you might think I’m just very good at shape-making at first glance. But if you see my profile…ah! I’m wearing a mesh head after all. No flat Second Life face, no weird nose, a fully developed mouth instead of two weird-looking bumps.
I’m an artist with not a lot of time or patience to dedicate to 3D programs like Makehuman or Blender. So when Gogo recommended Yabusaka Loon’s mesh head program to me, I hopped on the chance to try it out. (more…)