Hey, Linden Labs! I know you’re working hard on two different projects right now, and that’s great. I also know you’ve mentioned being forced to do so because if you didn’t, someone else would replace the virtual worlds you’ve worked hard to build up. Right?
It’s 2017. Here are your rivals. There’s more than one:
Bento is here! Both official and Firestorm clients with Bento have been released now, so you’ll see a lot more people wearing Bento items around the grid. Everything from mesh heads, to tails, to giant avatars are already being released. Even Bento hands and AOs, which means you can have an animation override where your individual fingers move!
For this entry, I wanted to talk about a cheaper Bento head for those interested in Bento but not wanting to pay a lot of money for some of the high-price options out there. Lightstar is a smaller store but has released two great heads to pick from. As of this entry the price has been raised to 2,000L for each of them. Still, that’s cheaper than some less impressive Bento heads I’ve seen so far. The mesh head you’ll see in this entry is Lightstar Marian.
This Bento head is Omega-friendly, so you can wear all your favorite makeups with it. You can also purchase a separate expression HUD (250L) for about 29 different expressions. Here are some of my favorites:
Lightstar is a great option for those who want to look different but still use their favorite skins. I don’t like the default skins that come with the package, but once you install Omega it’s all uphill from there. Well worth the price to check out! Head to their store to pick up a demo.
There are soooo many new Bento things I want to check out and feature here! I’ve got my eye on Medhue Animations’ elephant avatar, and I’m waiting for the attachable Bento horse coming soon from Water Horse. Organica is also working on a wearable wyvern!
Have you purchased any new Bento items yet? New heads? What’s your favorite so far? Lemme know!
What I’m Wearing
Lightstar Marian Head
Pink Fuel – Kiyomi Skin (no brows, Latte tone)
Belle Epoque – Caelan Armor (We <3 RP)
Moon Amore – Crystal Queen Tiara RARE
Lamb – Dust Bunnies
HEXtraordinary – Elven Throne (We <3 RP)
Happy Holidays! We’re now headed into the slew of special days to finish up the year. I wish you an awesome journey through this season, no matter what you’re doing or celebrating.
For some of us, we’re going to find ourselves in a stressful situation somehow. Maybe you’re interacting with family you don’t want to deal with. Maybe you have no family to interact with or you are sorely missing someone. I’ll list a few pointers and articles to help you out if you’re that someone.
- Remember you are fully able to excuse yourself or turn down invitations to deal with family who is toxic. Don’t put yourself through that, and don’t let that person guilt you into dealing with them if you don’t want to. Lie if you need to stay away from them. It’s not a sin to put your mental health first.
- If someone veers into politics over dinner and you know it’s going to get ugly, assert that you don’t want to talk about it because you just want to enjoy holiday vibes. Tell that person they can call or email you another day if they really want to get your opinion on current happenings.
- Too many people? Step outside for a moment, breathe some fresh air, or take a short walk. Reassure concerned family that you’re just wanting to enjoy the weather as a part of the day.
- Know your alcohol limit! A party can be great but if alcohol tends to get the family into unhappy debates, sit it out or dip early. Practice the art of having “just enough” where you don’t veer into stomachaches or become disagreeable.
- If you’re alone for the holiday and feeling the blues, treat yourself if you can. Do not blame yourself for being alone. It happens to everyone! If you feel super down and want to cheer yourself up, find something to donate and visit a soup kitchen on Thanksgiving. Also, avoid listening to sad songs and don’t drink too much if you know it’ll encourage depression. Put on your favorite movie or find one on Youtube to make you laugh. Or just laugh at the misery of everyone else who is stuck in the cold right now. That’s not you!
- Actually no matter who you are, you should treat yourself during holidays anyway. You deserve it.
- Create your own holiday celebrations with friends in the grid if you need to. Family’s one thing, but friends? The ones who mean a lot to you? That time spent with them can do you a world of emotional good, even if you’re sitting around a pixel table.
Got any more tips? Leave them in the comments!
What I’m Wearing:
Logo Alex Head
Chemistry – Mila Hair
RC Cluster – Fantasy Floater AO
RC Cluster – Spell Book of the Good
Neve – Pull Over Sweater (Neutral)
Neve – Artist Frayed Jeans
ROC – Martens Boot
It’s October! You know what that means, right? Halloween, pumpkins, and coffee made with pumpkin puree that might have squash mixed into it. (Pumpkin and squash are in the same family, so…yep.)
It’s my personal theory that squash is being mixed in Starbucks’ pumpkin spice lattes. But because they technically wouldn’t be lying by saying their drinks are made with 100% pumpkin, squash can definitely get in there if it means saving their company tons of cash. Besides–you’re drinking a vegetable in the latte anyway. It still tastes awesome. I’d still use pumpkin puree in my pies even after knowing what the puree is made of.
Would you drink pumpkin spice lattes if it were true that some squash were found in the drink?
Ruining Everything Forever,
What I’m Wearing
Logo Alex Head
Chemistry – Mila Hair
Neve – Artist Frayed Pant
Neve – Tuesday Stripe Top
RC Cluster – Nights Watch Confident Candelabra
I got a letter in the SL mail from someone asking for skin/makeup/tat-making tips. This post is a response to them, as well as anyone else looking for a boost.
There are many tutorials on the web on how to paint makeup or skin for avatars, however, most, if not all, of them seem waaaay outdated. I would like to create makeup, skin, and/or tattoos for both the default avatar and the mesh ones (like lelutka mesh head or maitreya body)….
I was wondering if you had any tips or suggested tutorials on how to go about creating such things. I don’t quite know where to start….