EDIT: These horses are limited availability for now, so only about 40 of them are released to beta testers. You must wear the Water Horse group tag to purchase the horse. Water Horse will sell horses freely again when they iron out the bento head deformity bug.
Bento has been pretty fun so far! I’ve purchased a few things, such as the Medhue Elephant and Red Remora’s Fennec Fox avs. Both are Bento-enabled and add a lot of fun to playing SL.
So, here’s a new creation to add to this list: Water Horse has released their Riding Horse for beta testing. It’s a wearable vehicle but uses Bento bones to animate the mesh. No more claymation texture cycling! Your avatar will look like it’s riding a real horse in-game.
Check out this preview:
Seriously. This exists in SL now. And currently, the horse is going for about 3500L. Less than a mesh head! That’s a steal.
A few caveats if you buy the horse: it’s still in beta so there are bugs. They’re currently fixing a bug that deforms Bento heads when you ride the horse. They’re also looking for users to report anything else that’s wrong so the devs can fix it.
But in return?
I still think it’s worth it.
Visit Water Horse in-world here.
Have you ever felt more in touch with yourself when embracing your culture’s garb? I felt pretty awesome today donning a virtual recreation of Mardi Gras Indian Queen headwear (that I made myself) for the Avatars Against Trump challenge. Behind me is a combined veve that represents the voodoo loas of Baron Samedi and Maman-Brigitte.
These two ancient spirit-gods represent love and death. Death, in tarot, doesn’t just mean the literal interpretation of someone’s life ending. It also means change. Anything that dies and isn’t a person but is a thing (a project, a relationship, a sim) will end, but will possibly change into something else.
If you approach the gods and ask for death or change, don’t do it lightly. Ask for justice and let the gods do as they will. Otherwise, you might not get the change you’re looking for.
In this picture, I ask for the Baron not to dig America’s grave. Remember, what is not a person and “dies” will undergo a change… and I very much feel the change the country undergoes will not be good if current events continue.
Where the Baron either admits or denies a soul to proceed to the next world, Maman-Brigitte is a healer and loa of love. I must say that with our country being as torn as it is now, we have a lot of love to employ and healing to do.
You can participate in the Avatars Against Trump Challenge here.
Hey, Linden Labs! I know you’re working hard on two different projects right now, and that’s great. I also know you’ve mentioned being forced to do so because if you didn’t, someone else would replace the virtual worlds you’ve worked hard to build up. Right?
It’s 2017. Here are your rivals. There’s more than one:
Bento is here! Both official and Firestorm clients with Bento have been released now, so you’ll see a lot more people wearing Bento items around the grid. Everything from mesh heads, to tails, to giant avatars are already being released. Even Bento hands and AOs, which means you can have an animation override where your individual fingers move!
For this entry, I wanted to talk about a cheaper Bento head for those interested in Bento but not wanting to pay a lot of money for some of the high-price options out there. Lightstar is a smaller store but has released two great heads to pick from. As of this entry the price has been raised to 2,000L for each of them. Still, that’s cheaper than some less impressive Bento heads I’ve seen so far. The mesh head you’ll see in this entry is Lightstar Marian.
This Bento head is Omega-friendly, so you can wear all your favorite makeups with it. You can also purchase a separate expression HUD (250L) for about 29 different expressions. Here are some of my favorites:
Lightstar is a great option for those who want to look different but still use their favorite skins. I don’t like the default skins that come with the package, but once you install Omega it’s all uphill from there. Well worth the price to check out! Head to their store to pick up a demo.
There are soooo many new Bento things I want to check out and feature here! I’ve got my eye on Medhue Animations’ elephant avatar, and I’m waiting for the attachable Bento horse coming soon from Water Horse. Organica is also working on a wearable wyvern!
Have you purchased any new Bento items yet? New heads? What’s your favorite so far? Lemme know!
What I’m Wearing
Lightstar Marian Head
Pink Fuel – Kiyomi Skin (no brows, Latte tone)
Belle Epoque – Caelan Armor (We <3 RP)
Moon Amore – Crystal Queen Tiara RARE
Lamb – Dust Bunnies
HEXtraordinary – Elven Throne (We <3 RP)
Happy Holidays! We’re now headed into the slew of special days to finish up the year. I wish you an awesome journey through this season, no matter what you’re doing or celebrating.
For some of us, we’re going to find ourselves in a stressful situation somehow. Maybe you’re interacting with family you don’t want to deal with. Maybe you have no family to interact with or you are sorely missing someone. I’ll list a few pointers and articles to help you out if you’re that someone.
- Remember you are fully able to excuse yourself or turn down invitations to deal with family who is toxic. Don’t put yourself through that, and don’t let that person guilt you into dealing with them if you don’t want to. Lie if you need to stay away from them. It’s not a sin to put your mental health first.
- If someone veers into politics over dinner and you know it’s going to get ugly, assert that you don’t want to talk about it because you just want to enjoy holiday vibes. Tell that person they can call or email you another day if they really want to get your opinion on current happenings.
- Too many people? Step outside for a moment, breathe some fresh air, or take a short walk. Reassure concerned family that you’re just wanting to enjoy the weather as a part of the day.
- Know your alcohol limit! A party can be great but if alcohol tends to get the family into unhappy debates, sit it out or dip early. Practice the art of having “just enough” where you don’t veer into stomachaches or become disagreeable.
- If you’re alone for the holiday and feeling the blues, treat yourself if you can. Do not blame yourself for being alone. It happens to everyone! If you feel super down and want to cheer yourself up, find something to donate and visit a soup kitchen on Thanksgiving. Also, avoid listening to sad songs and don’t drink too much if you know it’ll encourage depression. Put on your favorite movie or find one on Youtube to make you laugh. Or just laugh at the misery of everyone else who is stuck in the cold right now. That’s not you!
- Actually no matter who you are, you should treat yourself during holidays anyway. You deserve it.
- Create your own holiday celebrations with friends in the grid if you need to. Family’s one thing, but friends? The ones who mean a lot to you? That time spent with them can do you a world of emotional good, even if you’re sitting around a pixel table.
Got any more tips? Leave them in the comments!
What I’m Wearing:
Logo Alex Head
Chemistry – Mila Hair
RC Cluster – Fantasy Floater AO
RC Cluster – Spell Book of the Good
Neve – Pull Over Sweater (Neutral)
Neve – Artist Frayed Jeans
ROC – Martens Boot