Bento is here! Both official and Firestorm clients with Bento have been released now, so you’ll see a lot more people wearing Bento items around the grid. Everything from mesh heads, to tails, to giant avatars are already being released. Even Bento hands and AOs, which means you can have an animation override where your individual fingers move!
For this entry, I wanted to talk about a cheaper Bento head for those interested in Bento but not wanting to pay a lot of money for some of the high-price options out there. Lightstar is a smaller store but has released two great heads to pick from. As of this entry the price has been raised to 2,000L for each of them. Still, that’s cheaper than some less impressive Bento heads I’ve seen so far. The mesh head you’ll see in this entry is Lightstar Marian.
This Bento head is Omega-friendly, so you can wear all your favorite makeups with it. You can also purchase a separate expression HUD (250L) for about 29 different expressions. Here are some of my favorites:
Lightstar is a great option for those who want to look different but still use their favorite skins. I don’t like the default skins that come with the package, but once you install Omega it’s all uphill from there. Well worth the price to check out! Head to their store to pick up a demo.
There are soooo many new Bento things I want to check out and feature here! I’ve got my eye on Medhue Animations’ elephant avatar, and I’m waiting for the attachable Bento horse coming soon from Water Horse. Organica is also working on a wearable wyvern!
Have you purchased any new Bento items yet? New heads? What’s your favorite so far? Lemme know!
What I’m Wearing
Lightstar Marian Head
Pink Fuel – Kiyomi Skin (no brows, Latte tone)
Belle Epoque – Caelan Armor (We <3 RP)
Moon Amore – Crystal Queen Tiara RARE
Lamb – Dust Bunnies
HEXtraordinary – Elven Throne (We <3 RP)
The December round of The Arcade opens in one day! I’ve always loved hairstyles with attachments, especially winter hairstyles with hats and earmuffs. Exile made two adorable hairstyles called First Frost and Snow Fall, both includes a color-changing HUD.
I hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving break! I will try to blog more often cos there are tons of amazing new releases and I just love the holidays.
What I’m Wearing:
Exile – Snow Fall, First Frost
Blueberry – Radiance Strapped Dress/Denim Jacket
Happy Holidays! We’re now headed into the slew of special days to finish up the year. I wish you an awesome journey through this season, no matter what you’re doing or celebrating.
For some of us, we’re going to find ourselves in a stressful situation somehow. Maybe you’re interacting with family you don’t want to deal with. Maybe you have no family to interact with or you are sorely missing someone. I’ll list a few pointers and articles to help you out if you’re that someone.
- Remember you are fully able to excuse yourself or turn down invitations to deal with family who is toxic. Don’t put yourself through that, and don’t let that person guilt you into dealing with them if you don’t want to. Lie if you need to stay away from them. It’s not a sin to put your mental health first.
- If someone veers into politics over dinner and you know it’s going to get ugly, assert that you don’t want to talk about it because you just want to enjoy holiday vibes. Tell that person they can call or email you another day if they really want to get your opinion on current happenings.
- Too many people? Step outside for a moment, breathe some fresh air, or take a short walk. Reassure concerned family that you’re just wanting to enjoy the weather as a part of the day.
- Know your alcohol limit! A party can be great but if alcohol tends to get the family into unhappy debates, sit it out or dip early. Practice the art of having “just enough” where you don’t veer into stomachaches or become disagreeable.
- If you’re alone for the holiday and feeling the blues, treat yourself if you can. Do not blame yourself for being alone. It happens to everyone! If you feel super down and want to cheer yourself up, find something to donate and visit a soup kitchen on Thanksgiving. Also, avoid listening to sad songs and don’t drink too much if you know it’ll encourage depression. Put on your favorite movie or find one on Youtube to make you laugh. Or just laugh at the misery of everyone else who is stuck in the cold right now. That’s not you!
- Actually no matter who you are, you should treat yourself during holidays anyway. You deserve it.
- Create your own holiday celebrations with friends in the grid if you need to. Family’s one thing, but friends? The ones who mean a lot to you? That time spent with them can do you a world of emotional good, even if you’re sitting around a pixel table.
Got any more tips? Leave them in the comments!
What I’m Wearing:
Logo Alex Head
Chemistry – Mila Hair
RC Cluster – Fantasy Floater AO
RC Cluster – Spell Book of the Good
Neve – Pull Over Sweater (Neutral)
Neve – Artist Frayed Jeans
ROC – Martens Boot
I’m wearing the gorgeous Kitty Sequined Body Suit from The Secret Store. This suit includes a belt with ruffles attachment; it is such a cute extra detail, something that always makes TSS items so wonderful. I really want a pack of skirts attachment so I can wear it with this body suit all the time!
Exile also released the Rare Bird style at C88; this short curly hairstyle is adorable. I am also wearing the Bettine Heels from Ingenue, also available at C88. Get my entire look at the event!
What I’m Wearing:
Exile – Rare Bird @C88
The Secret Store – Kitty Sequined Bodysuit, Belt (Moss) @C88
The Secret Store – Polka Tights (White)
Ingenue – Bettine Heels (Butter) @C88
Anc – A Royal Orv (Gold)
Paper Couture – Jade Earrings, Necklace (Egg Shell)
Truth VIP group is such a good deal! For a $265L join fee, you’ll get one exclusive hairstyle a month. It really pays for itself within the first month! Even if the group fee is quarterly or yearly, it’s still a deal. I would imagine that this group would continue for as long Truth Hair exists in SL, so this is an incredible deal.
Join the TRUTH VIP Group to receive a monthly Exclusive Hairstyle, early access to sales & news!
Terms: One time fee. Monthly hairstyle is exclusive to group members. Hairstyle arrives the 1st week of each month. Current hair demo will be available in store and will usually be rigged/fitted mesh. VIP hairstyle will only be available for 1 month. Early access to sales is 24hrs. Strictly no refunds.
I am wearing the Deja hairstyle, free in the Truth VIP group. I’m also wearing the Cadet Dress from Alt by Truth, available at this month’s Uber.
As you know, today the United States is voting for a new president. I’m anxiously awaiting the results, along with the rest of the country (world?). I AM FEELING BLUE!!!
What I’m Wearing:
Truth Hair – Deja
ALT By Truth – Cadet Dress
Blueberry – Craven (Sharp Heels Boots)
Yummy – Boho Beaded Necklace – White / Gold