Are you into hyper-realistic skins in Second Life? I normally wear smooth skins without imperfections, but then I visited Voguel and found a new skin that’s just adorable, even with pores and freckles! The imperfections really adds character, and it’s not too much, it’s still very soft and pretty. I’m wearing the Voguel Mia skin in Chantilly 2 skin tone. This tone matches well with a Pink Fuel body skin, or you can wear Velour (but I have not found a Velour skin tone that I like yet).Continue reading
Introducing Previously in Second Life, a new feature where I recap the latest news from around the grid if it’s an interesting week. Here are some things you may have missed:
- Casinos are back in Second Life! Bookmark these two forum threads for some great bedtime reading: Casino in Second Life? is Gambling Back? and So they banned Gacha but…
- The long-awaited Victorian Community Region at Merrymount is open! I played games and won so many prizes. The games are free, fun, and easy!
- Open floor plans for Victorian Linden Homes are here! You can get your updated home in the mailbox.
- BelliHub and BelliDemo are regions where residents can go to demo all of the Linden Home styles on Bellisseria, get tips, and play games.
- Marketplace Spring Cleaning, some old stuff is getting unlisted/disabled.
- May 14 (today) is the last day that merchants can sign up for Shop and Hop and other SL20B events!
- Sign up for a Bandana Day Kit for Hair Fair 2023! All finished bandanas must be in by 29th May 2023 – Available on Marketplace.
- Looking for a new shopping guide? It seems that people are broadening their event marketing horizons, giving themselves newer opportunities as early adopters in sites like SugarSL.
/Update/ I’m updating this post to say that Patch Linden did not extend the fair for another two weeks. It was an inside joke that apparently I misunderstood. A lot of the attendants at the event were thanking him in local chat and acted excited, so I thought it was part of the planned event/offerings. This reminds me of all the awkward times when Linden Lab would make inside jokes during official events that only a few people got, and it’s super awkward for everyone not privy to the joke. Anyway, the fair ended!
*note* This info is according to the Fantasy Faire organizer on SM.
Did you hear? Fantasy Faire has been extended for another two weeks – courtesy of Patch Linden! Patch announced this at the Jail & Bail event, so you have more time to explore and shop the regions for a good cause. I had a great time attending my first Jail & Bail and seeing all of the goodies up for grabs.Continue reading
It’s no secret that I’m very picky with my skin preferences. I rarely deviate from favorites, and even within the favorites, I rarely ever deviate from skin tone or eyebrow color. So, now that Pink Fuel isn’t supplying me with my skin addiction fast enough, I’ve had to branch out to other brands. I sometimes wear Lara Hurley, but even that brand isn’t keeping up with the LeLutka powerhouse! You blink, and there’s a new head. You blink, and there’s a whole new EvoX thing, that renders all of the old classic/BoM skins obsolete.Continue reading