The original Newbie Style Challenge was a blast, so I’m bringing it baaaaaaack!!
This is Newbie Style Challenge II, the same rules apply but the spending limit has been raised to $550L (about $2.50US) cos we do want to encourage new players to spend some money and not rely entirely on freebies. I chose $550L cos that’s the minimum amount of Lindens that can be purchased via the BUY $L button in-world.
So here is the challenge SL, if you choose to accept it:
Can you make a nice avatar with little to no money?
This challenge starts now, November 4th, and ends on December 31st. If you do this challenge, please blog your look and leave a link in the comments of this post, or share your image to the Blog Challenge Flickr group with style credits so I can do a recap when it’s over.
Newbie Style Challenge II Guidelines
Things you can do:
- You can use your existing shape (or give your alt your shape)
- You can purchase freebies, dollarbies (or anything under $550L)
- You can use group gifts, free gifts, hunt items, etc (you can use gifts from groups that are paid-to-join if the join fee is counted as part of the $550L total amount)
- You can use it if you win it! (Lucky Chair, Midnight Mania)
- All items must be acquired during the time of the challenge (you can’t use free items not currently available or in paid groups you’re already a member of)
Things you cannot do:
- You cannot spend more than $550L
- You cannot ask your designer friends to send you stuff (and if you’re a designer, you cannot use your own stuff unless it is FREE to everyone else too )
- You cannot use group gifts from groups that are paid-to-join (if the join fee exceeds $550L)
- You cannot transfer inventory from your main to your alt
- You cannot use anything in the library folders
Like last year, I will create a new alt for this challenge, so I don’t “cheat” or make a mistake and use items already in my inventory.
********USE AT YOUR OWN RISK********
A lot of people still want avatars with a last name, and I think most of the registration portals are gone, except there are still a few out there that has some last names available. I saw someone posted a link to this recently, and it worked for me.
Register for Second Life via the Virtual Library of Birmingham site
These last names are available: